Monday, July 16, 2012

Caves



I took a trip to the outskirts of my city yesterday with some family. I found a tunnel and decided to follow it to see where it went and after a few minutes of walking I found myself in a small cave. It was late afternoon so I was the only person there.

As I walked back up the tunnel I saw a good shot. I loved how the stairs seem to go on forever as they disappeared around the bend. I also liked how the lights reflect off of the wet walls.

I took two versions of this photo- one with flash and one without- although I didn’t like the version with flash as it lost a lot of detail. I had to use an incredibly high ISO (1200) to keep all the detail in the picture without using flash. I needed to do a lot of editing as the picture had gone a bright yellow tone and there was a lot of noise. I adjusted the hue, increased the contrast, decreased the brightness and cropped the photo slightly. Finally, I sharpened the picture as I had to use a really slow shutter speed and had moved slightly.

I really like this picture; I love how you can find something completely new just by going slightly further than you might normally. It’s not the best quality of photo ever but I had a really good day and wanted to share the cave I found.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment