Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Suspended



I went on a bit of an adventure today, as I didn’t have anything to do- taking my camera with me as ever. I decided to go to somewhere that I hadn’t been to many times- the Clifton suspension bridge.

I’ll admit that this photo  isn’t completely my own idea. As I was walking towards the bridge I saw another photographer taking a picture looking up at the towers, but in the centre of the road. If I take a similar shot of something I try to make it more original- in this case by taking the picture from the bottom of one of the chains.

The camera used flash automatically; because of this and metering off of the grey sky I lost a lot of the colour in the photo overall- the top of the tower being the only part of the photo with obvious colour. I decided I liked this effect so made it more prominent with the use of Photoshop.

I selected the cream area at the top of the tower and increased the saturation; I then inverted the selection and decreased the saturation in the rest of the picture. I also increased the contrast, which makes the dirtiness of the chains stand out, making the picture seem grittier.

I love this photo; I think it looks really quirky. I had a lot of inspiration for this photo yet I think it’s still original.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment