Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Flowers


I went on another wander today; this time on my own. I went down to the local canal, as I really like the landscape. I went out for about an hour and took quite a few photos! I think that this has to be one of my favourites from the day.

The group of flowers caught my eye as I walked past because the composition was perfect. I used a very wide aperture to make sure I had a short depth of field, to keep only the central flower in focus. Also, I set the photo up so other flowers surrounded the central one to create a better composition.

In the editing stage I increased the saturation and the colour temperature. I did this to make the photo more vibrant. I really like the effect as I think it summarised the beautiful day perfectly. I didn’t crop the photo because I had set up the composition previously.

I may go for another wander tomorrow if I get the chance and the weather stays this nice. I really enjoy going for walks and taking photos in the sunshine- I hope you're enjoying the weather as well.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment