Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tired Out Tiger




The festival weekend was a lot of fun for everyone involved, for the people who stayed both days it was a very long weekend. Towards the end of the second day people were starting to get tired, and more people were sitting down to rest.

There was a short period of bright sunshine towards the end of the second day and I found myself using the flash gun a lot. I used the flash gun on this photo because I wanted the detail to be clear in all the shadow areas. Also I used a wide aperture to limit the depth of field to just the person lying down. I used point metering on his face to make sure that the exposure was correct, and didn't white out.

To edit the photo I increased the contrast and increased the shadows, to correct the exposure and make it more pleasing on the eye. I didn't change anything else because I liked how the photo was exposed. I didn't crop the photo because I like how it was composed.

Bex and I didn't get a chance to go out this weekend; so as we have still got lots of photos from the festival to upload for you.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment