Friday, September 14, 2012

Old Inspiration




I haven’t had much of a chance to go out for any photography wanders recently so I had a look through my computer for some inspiration. I had to go all the way back to July to find this photo!

Bex and I had gone out for a wander in the local nature reserve, the weather was very nice and we were out for most of the day. I spotted this dead flower hiding away in a bush, it looked interesting so I took a photo of it. The first few photos I took the composition weren’t quite right, so I changed my position by about 90 degrees and took a few more photos. This is one of the latter photos that I took, and I think the composition worked very well. It just proves a small change can make a big difference!

I didn’t do much editing to the photo, I adjusted the exposure by a small amount, and I decreased the colour temperature by a small amount. By decreasing the colour temperature it makes the whites clearer and look much more pleasing.

When taking macro photos, making very small changes will have a very large effect to the end photo. So I always take my time when doing macro photography to make sure I get the desired effect.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment