Saturday, September 22, 2012

Graffiti




Bex and I went to the festival today again. As part of the official photography team we had access all areas and had a lot of work to do. But don’t think that we had forgotten you, while we where on our way to one of the main stages we spotted this graffiti artist working on one of the designated walls. We both enjoyed watching him work, he would spray for a bit then stop and take a step back to look at what he had just done.

He had just started to spray again when I managed to take this photo of him. The photo froze him in time while he was starting the next section of the wall. I used the flash to pick out the details on his face and in the shadows, I left the flash gun in TTL Auto (Through The Lens Auto). This meant that I just had to concentrate on composing the photo within the frame. I really like the atmosphere of this photo; it shows how much the graffiti artist was concentrating on his artwork. All his concentration worked out because his artwork looked amazing when he had finished.

I didn’t edit the photo on the computer because it looked exactly how I wanted to when I took the photo. The camera precisely captured the atmosphere of the graffiti artist working away at his artwork.

We shall be returning to the festival again tomorrow for the final day. So we shall upload another photo. We have taken a great number of photos so far, and I’m sure we shall take even more tomorrow, so we will have lots of photos to upload in the next few weeks.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment