Friday, September 7, 2012

Writing On The Wall



I had a free afternoon today, so I decided to go for a photography wander in the centre of my local area. I found a small winding street that stretched past the back of a museum. As I followed the path I noticed that there were messages written on the walls, advertising the museum and some topics it covered inside.

I thought it looked dramatic because of the barbed wire and posts along the top of the wall. I used a wide aperture to blur the words as it got further away. This gave the effect of making the wall look endless. It was a cold and gloomy day, meaning that there was no detail in the background. I didn’t take the picture in black and white, but lost what little colour was in the sky, while the foreground was already monochrome. Before uploading I increased the contrast and sharpness of the image in Photoshop. This made the words stand out more.

I haven’t had a chance to go out for a long walk alone for a few weeks, and it was nice to be able to get into the town centre to do some more industrial photography. I think this picture works incredibly well, displaying the clear messages as intended, yet in a more dramatic way.

Bex

No comments:

Post a Comment