Sunday, September 23, 2012

Final Dance




Today was, unfortunately, the last day of the festival. Bex and I once again where going around taking photos of all the events and of people generally enjoying themselves. This photo was taken at one of the indoor stages, a dance group had just started one of their routines and they invited the public to join them.

To capture the atmosphere of the dance I took the photo while they were mid-dance; I also used the flash gun to ensure that eyes were not in shadow and so I could freeze the dancer in the pose I wanted. The dancers were really enjoying themselves and I was trying to portray this in the photo that I was taking, I think I did this and captured the atmosphere of all the other people having a great time.

I didn’t edit the photo because the exposure was correct; and the photo portrayed the atmosphere of the dance, so I decided against cropping the photo down. Also because I used the flash gun I could set the white balance to daylight and not worry about needing to change the colour balance afterwards.

This weekend was a huge amount of fun, I’m so glad I went with Bex. We both had a great time and took lots of photos; so we should have plenty of photos to upload for you to see.

Mat 

No comments:

Post a Comment