Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Monkey Business


Monkey Business

I was fortunate enough to visit a monkey sanctuary over the weekend, so as usual my camera came with me! One of my favourite attractions was the lemur walk. To get into this enclosure, you have to walk through two gates. Afterwards, you are in what seems to be an abandoned forest with a small shed in the middle.

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect, and upon first glance I couldn’t see anything. After waiting a few minutes I spotted a group of three lemurs walking up the path towards me. It was an amazing sight; they seemed so calm and relaxed in the presence of humans.

Two of the lemurs walked past me, jumped through the fence into the area with the small shed and started to eat. What really caught my eye was the symmetry in the picture. Both the lemurs’ tails were curled in the same way, exactly opposite of each other. Later, I increased the saturation and sharpened the image in Photoshop to make the black, white and red detailing on the lemurs more prominent.

I could’ve happily stayed in the lemur walk all day! It felt great to be able to get so close to the animals; they seemed so cheeky and I really enjoyed watching them play. I can’t wait to go on my next wander.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment