Monday, September 10, 2012

Grave Yard




The church that we were visiting also had a small grave yard round the back. While walking through the grave yard, I spotted this row of Grave stones. I like how they lined up and point towards the wall surrounding the church.

I wanted all of the grave stones to be in focus so I used an aperture of around F16, this gave a good depth of field, but also allowing the wall to be put out of focus. I didn’t use the flash because there was plenty of light and it would have spoiled the effect I was aiming for. As I was taking the photo from under a tree, the light had a green tone to it; to combat this I turned down the green to cancel out the extra green.

When editing the photo I decided to turn the green down a bit more, because I wasn’t completely satisfied with the result straight from the camera. This had some side effects, so I decide to sharpen the photo I think the end effect has worked out well. I also cropped out the left side of the photo, because I think it improves the composition of the photo.

We both enjoyed visiting the church, we found it very interesting looking inside and out of the church. We plan on making another visit in the future because we didn’t take all the photos that we could have.

Mat 

No comments:

Post a Comment