Saturday, September 8, 2012

Church Organ




Today, Bex and I managed to visit a local church; an event was on and they had opened up to the general public. We thought there would be some interesting photo opportunities, so we went along to see what it was like.

The church was beautiful inside, the architecture was stunning; the guides inside where very helpful and friendly. I saw the organ set up in the corner with the pews leading towards it; I thought it made an interesting composition with the pews acting as lead in lines towards the organ. I used a focal length of around 30mm, this makes the organ look like it’s along way in the distance, with pews leading in and getting smaller towards it. I had to use the highest ISO the camera has (ISO1600), because I didn’t want to use flash as it would have spoiled the effect. The only downside is the photo became very ‘noisy’.

When I edited the photo, I cropped t down to focus the attention on to the lead in to the organ; I also increased the colour temperature because the sand stone pillars were more orange in real life. As the photo was so noisy, I had to quite aggressively reduce it in photoshop, unfortunately this made the photo less sharp but I think its a good compromise.

The church was very interesting, and I learnt a lot about the architecture from the guides. We plan on going back again soon, because we saw many more photo oportunites, both inside and out of the church.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment