Monday, September 24, 2012

Officials




We both took so many photos over the weekend, there are far too many to upload so we shall choose just the best to upload for you. This is one of the better ones that I took from behind the scenes at one of the many stages.

While Bex and I were waiting for the next act to get onto the stage; I decided to take a wander around the backstage area. While I was backstage I found two of the stewards planning how the next acts would be set up. They were deep in discussion so didn’t see me walking around taking photos, so I took one of them while they were deep in discussion. I was trying to get a snapshot of how busy and hectic, but at the same time organised and well run, the festival was.

To take the photo I used the flash gun, and with the camera in point metering and with an aperture of F9. I focused on the man’s face to ensure I got both of the stewards in focus, the flash gun helped to keep the skin tones warm and to lighten the shadows under the woman’s hat.

When I took the photo off the camera I decided that it didn’t need much editing. I only decided to crop the photo down and straighten it a bit. I cropped the photo to concentrate the attention onto the stewards and putting less focus onto the background. And I straightened the photo for obvious reasons, to ensure the vertical lines were truly vertical.

Because of all the rain we have had, we have had some local flooding. Bex and I thought it might make some interesting photos so if we have a chance we’re going to have a look tomorrow to see what we can find.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment