Sunday, November 25, 2012

Changing Perspectives




I took this picture recently at a local firework display. I rediscovered it this evening as I was looking for something to upload. I loved the colours in it, but most of all I loved the patterns that were created- giving me the idea to try something different.

It seems rather regular that when someone takes a picture of a firework, it’ll be full of colour, a little hazy but taken using a slow shutter speed to capture all the magic of it. The last point may conform, but I wanted my picture to be a little more unique. I took the average firework photo, and de-saturated it to make it look more  abstract. I then increased the contrast to make it stand out more, and over sharpened the image to create more defined lines.

My post may be a little more Photoshop than photo skills this evening, but I like it and it’s a nice refreshing break from normality! Oh, and I think I’ve dragged out the suspense long enough. The photo I uploaded on the 19th of this month was of a rope light at an outside broadcast. I took the photo using a slow shutter speed to allow me time to move the camera to form a pattern, which was repeated exactly by each LED in the series. I think this should be a more prominent point with photographers; how to turn something ordinary into something that will intrigue.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment