Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Circular Explosion




As I said yesterday we had taken a lot of photos at the fireworks night, so I looked through for another photo to upload today. I looked towards the end of the display, they were using larger and brighter fireworks and the photos looked astonishing. This one of the best that I took during the evening so I thought I should upload it.

To capture the trace of the whole firework I slowed the shutter down to one second. So as the shutter was open the whole firework was captured. The camera chose an aperture of F3.9 to correctly expose the photo. I really like how the explosion of the firework was caught and the trails of it zooming off in every direction. I also really like the symmetry created by the circular explosion pattern.

I decided against changing anything because I really liked how the photo had been captured. The camera had exposed the image correctly so I didn’t need to change that. And the colours have been replicated so I didn’t need to change the colour temperature either. And I managed to frame the photo to get the best composition as well.

I’m glad I’ve been able to upload these two photos because i really liked both of them and there was no way I could choose between either of them!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment