Wednesday, November 7, 2012

New Ideas




I didn’t get a chance for a walk today so I decided to use one of the photos that I took yesterday. When I wasn’t trying out new techniques I took this close up photo of a group of teasels.

I thought to make the composition more interesting I should try something new; so I took the photo angled upwards. Also I wanted to include some of the other teasels in the frame. I decided to use the flash on this photo because I thought it would light up the inside of the teasel. I wanted the other teasel to be out of focus so I used an aperture of F8, this meant that the whole of the main teasel was in focus but the second was smoothly out of focus.

When editing the photo I decided to make the shadow areas brighter, I hadn’t programmed the flash to be powerfull enough. Also I cropped the photo as to make the teasel more dominant in the frame; I think it makes the overall composition much better as well, having the second teasel in the lower right of the frame. I didn’t change anything else because I really like the effect that I had created.

Bex and I are planning on going for a wander this weekend if the weather is nice. If not we both still have got plenty of photos that we want to show to you.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment