Thursday, November 15, 2012

Roaring Flames




As I've done quite a few fireworks photos recently, I thought I would carry on the theme but with a bit of a twist. I took this photo during the same evening as the fireworks; they had a bonfire before they set started setting the fireworks off.

So for this photo I wanted the whole frame to be in focus so I used an aperture of F16, but this meant I needed to use a high ISO (ISO 1600). This gave me a shutter speed of 1/125th of a second which was fast enough to capture the roaring flames of the fire. Also as the shutter speed was fast enough I didn’t need to use a tripod or a flash-gun.

To edit the photo I cropped the photo down a bit, and I also increased the colour temperature. I increased the colour temperature because I wanted the photo to be very vibrant and the fire to look warm and appealing. I cropped the photo down because there was quite a lot of empty space in front of the fire which was causing a distraction.

I’ve still got a lot of photos from the firework display, there are so many that I like; way too many to be uploaded. So if I upload any more I’ll upload the very best ones for you all.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment