Thursday, November 1, 2012

Misty View




I didn’t have much to do today so I thought I should go out for a wander. I went back to the place I visited earlier this week because there was a few photos that I thought I could improve on.

The first time I took this photo I had chosen quite a large aperture, I wasn’t convinced on the effect that this produced. So when I went back I selected a much smaller aperture: F10. By selecting this aperture the depth of field has been made much larger but the foreground detail isn’t completely in sharp focus; this is the effect that I was aiming for the first time I went out.

I didn’t need to do much editing to the photo, but there was a few details I wanted to change. I changed the brightness because the exposure was a bit too dull for the effect I wanted. Also I increased the saturation because I felt the trees and bushes could do with being a little greener.

I’m glad I went back today to redo this photo because I’m very pleased with the effect I had created. I will probably go back in the near future because there are many more photographic opportunities that are waiting to be taken.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment