Friday, November 23, 2012

Crafted




Today Mat and I went to a local Christmas market together - which seemed like a good idea to start with, but got a little annoying after a while (his new camera sounds like it’s on helium!). The word “new” being added by Mat while reading over my shoulder, just to emphasise it a little more!

All joking aside, apart from the incessant camera talk, it was a lovely day full of photographic opportunities. The Christmas market had a Victorian theme, which was great as everyone jumped in whole-heartedly. This meant a lot of fancy dress and led to almost everything being handmade! On one of the stalls, everything had been crafted from wood by the stallholder; this is where I stopped to take this shot!

I used an aperture of F5.6 and a shutter speed of 1/50 so I could get an incredibly shallow depth of field. I used a slow shutter speed as it was starting to get dark but I wanted to avoid using flash.

One effect that I didn’t mean to create was that I focused on the centre object, but this also meant that the far end of the first was in focus. I actually like this effect, even though it was an accident! I really enjoyed myself today; attending this kind of thing is one of my favourite pastimes, as it’s always so varied and you’ll never know what you might find.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment