Thursday, November 22, 2012

Path Down A Mountain




I didn’t manage to take any photos on my new camera today, and all the ones I took yesterday where very similar so I was looking through my computer for some inspiration. This photo was taken on one of my holidays to North Wales.

For this photo I put the camera in the landscape mode which boosts the greens and also selects a smaller aperture to enhance the depth of field. Because of the distances involved the specific aperture chosen wouldn’t make much difference, so the camera selected an aperture of F8 coupled with a shutter speed of 1/80th of a second. This shutter speed meant that I could take the photo without a tripod.

To edit the photo I decided to change the light levels and the contrast. By dropping the highlights, the clouds become much more vibrant and look a lot moodier. Also by increasing the contrast the whole photo looks a lot more vibrant and much moodier.  I was trying to create a moody effect when I took the photo so I’m glad that I can create it now after a bit of editing.

Bex and I are planning to go to a Christmas market tomorrow, hopefully getting in the Christmas spirit! Perhaps we’ll buy some gifts for our families as well. Oh, and taking a lot of photos- of course!

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment