Friday, November 2, 2012

Tree Top




Today instead of going to the nature reserve I ventured out a little further than normal. I found a forest that I’ve been to a few times in the past. There were lots of opportunities for photos the last time I went so I thought I would pay the forest another visit.

Towards the edge of the forest there was a small group of trees. So I thought if I got the composition right the trees could look very interesting. To create the most interesting composition I framed the trees so they were lined up along the bottom. I managed to get plenty of sky into the photo to create more of a moody atmosphere; it was quite a grey day today so I was aiming for a moody effect. As the group of trees was quite far away from the camera the aperture I chose would be irrelevant, so I selected an aperture of F7.1 which gave a shutter speed of 1/25th of a second. I was using a focal length of 20mm, so the shutter speed was fast enough.

When editing the photo the only things I changed was the saturation and the framing of the photo. I increased the saturation to make the trees look greener as in real life. And to improve the composition I cropped out the right side of the frame, this has greatly improved the composition.

This small forest is brimming with photographic opportunities; this is just one of the many that I spotted in 30 minutes. Hopefully if I get a chance i will go back again and take some more photos for you all to see.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment