Thursday, November 8, 2012

Lit Up Weed




This photo was taken on the wander earlier this week. One of the effects I was trying was with the flash, it was bright daylight but I thought by using the flash I could make the photo look much more dramatic.

So for this close up photo I programmed the flash to be very powerfull because I was using point metering of the stem. By metering off the stem this caused the background to be massively underexposed. This is the precise effect that I was trying to make, with the background being blacked out and the stem being very sharp and bright. As I was using the flash, the camera selected the aperture for me (in this case F8).

When editing the photo I decided to crop the photo to make it more symmetrical, I did this to enhance the composition. I also increased the colour temperature; this makes the photo look a lot warmer is another effect I like to have in my photos. I think the editing I have done has made the photo much better, particularly with the enhanced composition.

Bex and I have decided on our plans for this weekend, we won’t tell you them yet but there will be plenty of new photos to show you when we get back.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment