Sunday, November 18, 2012

Days Gone By




I managed to go out for a trip today so I decided to pay a visit to one of the local preserved railways. I’ve been before plenty of times, but it is very enjoyable and creates a lot of very interesting photo opportunities
.
For this photo I wanted to create a different composition by using a different perspective to normal. So instead of taking the photo from the platform I took the photo above the railway on the footbridge. This perspective allows for a lot more to be included in the frame. I focused the camera onto the cab of the engine and by using a narrow aperture of F16 I could have the whole frame in sharp focus. I had to use a higher ISO to normal (ISO 800) to account for the slower shutter speed. This introduced quite a lot of noise into the photo but not a distracting amount.

The only editing that I did to the photo was to increase the saturation; I did this because I felt the camera hadn’t reproduced the colours accurately enough. I didn’t change anything else because the camera had calculated the exposure correctly.

I really enjoyed my day at the railway and I took lots of photos, I’m only going to upload this one as it’s my favourite and the others aren’t up to the same standard. But I’m sure I will be visiting the railway again very soon, and if I do I shall upload some of the photos for you.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment