Wednesday, November 21, 2012

New Begining




I’ve finally got my own camera! Yesterday I purchased a brand new Canon 600D with an 18-55m lens and a Tamron 70-300mm lens. I’ve taken a lot of photos already; earlier today I took some more set up shots. I set up my new camera on a tripod then put some mugs onto an old wooden table using a black sheet as a backdrop.

I used manual mode so that I could have complete control of the camera. I selected an aperture of F18 to ensure that everything was in sharp focus. As there wasn’t much light I had to use a shutter speed of 15 seconds to get the correct exposure; I also used the built in flash for extra light and to gain a more creative effect. I used ISO 200 to help keep the shutter speed to a reasonable length. Also, I had to use the tungsten white balance to counteract the lighting of the room I was shooting in.

I tried to edit the photo but my Photoshop skills aren’t as good as Bex’s so I asked her to edit it as I wanted it to be perfect (this being the first photo from my camera). She decided to straighten the photo as I had taken it on an angle by accident. She also increased the contrast to make the shadows more prominent and sharpened the photo a small amount.

I’m really enjoying using my new camera; I’ve been trying different functions and effects that I haven’t used before. I will be playing about with it for a long time yet! Hopefully I’ll get a chance to photograph some wildlife soon as this is one of the main reasons for buying a telephoto lens.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment