Monday, November 12, 2012

Fireworks




On bonfire night Bex and I went to a fireworks display together. The display was truly fantastic it was very well organised and everyone who attended had an enjoyable time. Bex and I must have taken around 500 photos between us so we had plenty of material to choose from. This is one of my favourite photos that I had taken.

They were firing multiple fireworks at a time so I thought by using a slow shutter speed I could make an interesting effect by blurring the individual fireworks into one big blur. I used the camera in shutter priority so I could have complete control; I selected a shutter speed of ½ of a second. This gave enough time for the light to hit the sensor and for the fireworks to be blurred. The camera chose an aperture of F4 to let the correct amount of light through; the depth of field is irrelevant because the distance was quite large and everything was in one plane.

When editing the photo I decided to change very little, except for: the contrast and the colour temperature. By increasing the contrast the photo becomes a lot more vivid and striking, this is the effect that I was trying to create. Also the camera hadn’t calculated the white balance correctly so I had to increase the colour temperature; this made the photo warmer and corrected the colour of the fireworks.

We both loved the fireworks, and as I said previous took around 500 photos, so we both have quite a few that we can upload. I’ll keep looking through for the best of my photos.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment