Friday, December 14, 2012

Frosty Outlook




I took a lot of photos while on our early morning walk. I was very pleased to find that most of the came out looking quite good. This is one of my favourite photos from the trip, I like the effect that I managed to capture.

To capture the effect of the frost I chose to use an aperture of F5.6. This gave a minimal depth of field which nicely blurs the background. I used a tripod to keep the camera steady while the exposure was taken; because of the tripod I could use a lower ISO for greater detail. As I selected ISO 100 the camera coupled the aperture with a shutter speed of one second. I didn’t need to worry about the photo being sharp because by using the tripod I ensured that the photo would be crisp and sharp.

To edit the photo I increased the contrast and adjusted the RGB curves also I decreased the saturation. By increasing the contrast I’ve given the photo a little extra ‘punch’ which makes it look more vibrant. Also by changing the RGB curves and the saturation I made the photo look cooler in temperature and much more wintery. This is the effect that I was aiming for when I took the photo.

I really like this photo and I have a few more photos that I took on the trip that I can upload. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to try out my new flash gun tomorrow, if I do I’ll show you the results.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment