Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Life Line




I went to visit a small light show put on in the harbour in my local town today. I had quite high expectations for the event, and on the whole I was quite pleased. There where various light shows going on around the harbour side, and they all looked very interesting. After I had looked around the event I went for a short walk around the harbour side.

While on my walk I saw a group of small boats and yachts that had been moored up on the side of the harbour. Some of them had Christmas lights on them and they made an interesting composition when I focused the camera onto the life buoy. To make the best composition I used a medium aperture of F5.6 and focused on the life buoy. This puts the lights nicely out of focus and creates a very pleasing composition.

I didn’t edit the photo because I really liked the effect that I had made. The composition was exactly as I wanted it to be and the exposure had been calculated precisely. I didn’t want to change anything else as I thought this might spoil the effect that I had created.

I enjoyed going out to the event because there was a lot of photographic opportunities during the show and around the harbour. I took quite a lot of photos and I plan on uploading a few of them over the next few 
days.
Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment