Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!




It’s finally that date- yes, it’s 25th December and if you’re anything like me, you were up at the crack of dawn from all the excitement and anticipation of the day ahead. Christmas is a time for relaxation and being with family. I admit that this relaxed attitude has stretched to my blog post. This picture is more of a snapshot than a picture, but I really wanted a photo of everyone looking at the tree before they moved away. I took this photo at a Christmas lights switch on that BSR were involved in.

At the time I could hardly see the screen or through the viewfinder and the lens was covered in fake snow so I’m incredibly surprised that I managed to get any form of decent picture. This photo took a lot of editing in Photoshop; I used the dodge tool to darken some of the faces that had caught too much of the flash, and burned in some more important details. I also increased the contrast and brightness, removed noise and sharpened the whole image.

I hope whatever you did today, and whatever you plan on doing tomorrow, you have a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoy the festive season. It’s the blog’s first Christmas, and I really can’t wait for the year ahead. All that remains of today is for me to say a very merry Christmas to all of our readers. Pass the chocolate!

(A very festive-feeling) Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment