Thursday, December 6, 2012

Reflections




I didn’t get a chance to go out today so I looked through my computer and stumbled across this photo. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to upload it! I had taken it on one of the many wanders that Bex and I have been on.

For this photo I used a tripod as I wanted the image to be as sharp as possible. I filled the frame half with the water from the pond and half with the sky. I did this to create a reflection effect on the water, I have seen many examples of this and I wanted to make my own version of them. I used the camera in aperture priority and used an aperture of F16. This ensured sharpness from the front to the back.

I did minimal editing to the photo I increased the overall brightness and lowered the highlights. I did this to increase the contrast manually. I really like the effect this created because the contrast between the clouds and the sky is much more prominent now, and makes the sky look a lot more violent. I also increased the colour temperature to make the photo look more vivid.

I am really pleased with the effect I had produced with this photo, when the weather is right I would really like to have some more attempts at taking reflection photographs. Otherwise  I shall try some other landscape photos if the weather isn’t good enough.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment