Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pavement Under Lamps




This is another one of the photos that I took while at the harbour lights show. While walking around the harbour I found a long stretch along one side. I thought they could make an interesting composition as they were all in one line.

After I had taken the photo I looked at the image on the background and saw that the light had flared up around the lamp. This wasn’t an effect I was trying to capture but it was a very nice mistake! I really like the effect it created because it was very abstract and was on all of the lamps down the row. To create the best effect I used an aperture of F7.1, this gives a large depth of field when I focused onto the nearest lamppost. But by using a smaller aperture I had to use a higher ISO, by doing this it created quite a lot of noise in the photo.

To edit the photo the first thing that I did was to reduce the amount of noise in the photo and to sharpen the photo. After that I straightened it because I had accidently taken the photo on an odd angle. I boosted the contrast and increased the brightness; this makes the photo look more punchy and a lot less flat than before.

Overall I’m impressed with this photo, I would have liked to remove all of the noise but this was not possible so I did the best that my editing software could do. I like the effect I managed to capture in this photo; it shows that photography isn’t just about pure skill, there is a certain amount of luck involved to keep you on your toes!
Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment