Saturday, December 1, 2012

So, Here It Is...




Please excuse the more than subtle reference to a rather well known song in the title, but it’s Christmas!!!!! Well, not yet- but it is December and I am whole-heartedly in the spirit of the season! I thought I should try to upload a picture that’s a little festive as I must admit, I have regressed to the mentality of an infant and want to be the first to inject a little Christmas spirit into the Daily Wanders.

I took this photo at a recent local event. If you are an avid follower of our posts, you may remember an upload from a few weeks ago entitled “Take a Guess”, in which I used a shutter speed of a few seconds to make patterns by moving the camera. I have done a similar thing in this photo, moving the camera in a circular shape. In this picture I used manual focus to put the image out of focus slightly as I wanted a softer effect. I used point metering to make sure that the only focus was on the lights.

In Photoshop I sharpened the image to increase the prominence of the lights. I also increased the contrast and the saturation to make the whole image more vivid. Finally, I added noise, as I liked how it added to the “haziness” of the image and gave the whole image a softer effect.

The Christmas decorations are rising around my town, and I am very much looking forward to the blog’s first Christmas- it’s going to be a very interesting month ahead!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment