Sunday, December 2, 2012

Orange And A Lack Of Lemons




I took quite a lot of photos at the Christmas market the Bex and I went to, I’ve already uploaded some of the best photos but I really liked this one and I wanted to upload it. We were walking around the stalls and one of them was selling wreaths made from dried fruit.

To capture the vibrant colours of the fruits I decided to increase both the contrast and the saturation in the camera. I was using the camera in aperture priority and I selected an aperture of F4.5 to blur anything distracting in the background; this also makes the fruit more prominent in the frame. I selected ISO 100 to keep the detail high without any noise being created.

I didn’t edit the photo because I really like the composition that I had created. Also the camera had calculated the exposure perfectly so I didn’t need to change anything. I really liked the overall effect that I had created so I didn’t want to change anything.

The Christmas market was great fun to visit, I would really like to visit another one if I get a chance and I know Bex would as well.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment