Saturday, December 29, 2012

Take a Trip



My laptop broke today, so I'm going to have to take a trip back in photographic time as I'm currently using an older laptop while I wait for the other to be repaired. However, this is the exception; I went on a wander today with my new lens. I tried to focus on wildlife, in order to test the lens at higher focal lengths. I took this at 200mm as the seagull was landing in the water. It’s been incredibly cloudy all day, so I decided to couple the effect of the clouds with the theme of time.

To exaggerate the effect of the sun behind the clouds and take the theme of time into account, I edited the image in Photoshop. By taking the photo into the sun, most of the colour had been lost so I converted it to black and white. I then darkened highlights and increased the contrast. I sharpened the image and removed noise. I then selected everything apart from the bird and increased the contrast further, in order to make the cloud pattern more prominent.

I liked trying to follow a theme for a change, it made me a little more focused and provided a source of inspiration. I did suffer for my hobby today; I had to towel-dry my hair when I got home!!!

Bex
x­­

No comments:

Post a Comment