Saturday, December 15, 2012

Reeds Against The Trees




I got a chance to take some photos with my new flash gun today, and they all came out fantastically! Unfortunately I arrived home quite late so I haven’t had a chance to take the photos off the camera yet. So I’m going to use another photo from our recent trip to the duckpond.

I saw this group of weeds standing out on front of the background of trees, I thought that the contrast between the background and the subject made for an interesting composition. To make the most of the composition I use the widest aperture possible, which in this case was F4.5. This aperture gives a small depth of field and makes the subject stand out in front of the background.  I used a tripod for this photo as well as the others to ensure that maximum sharpness was retained.

I didn’t edit the photo because I was very pleased with how the composition had been captured. The exposure had been calculated perfectly so I didn’t need to change any settings. The effect of the photo I find to be very pleasing.

Bex has been suffering from computer problems recently, so I’ve been left in charge of the blog for a short while. She is trying to sort the problems out and will be uploading more of her fantastic photos very soon.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment