Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Bright Start to the Day



I had to get up early today and misjudged how early! Because of this, I had some extra time so grabbed my camera and took a detour through the nature reserve. As we get ever closer to winter the days get shorter and the sun rises later.

As I walked through the nature reserve, the sun was just rising above the trees. I took a picture into the sun making the foreground black out. It was an incredibly clear morning, and I had a little dust on the lens, giving some lens flare.

When reviewing the image, I saw that the blue of the sky was darker towards the edges of the frame. To make this effect more prominent, I increased the contrast and the saturation slightly.

I think that the time of day is very important when trying to compose a photograph. Another thing to consider is the weather; if you can avoid bright sunshine, then do!!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment