Monday, October 15, 2012

Corners




Bex and I have been incredibly busy recently, and we haven’t had a chance to go out. So unfortunately I’ve started to run out of photos to upload. I managed to find this one while looking through my computer.

This photo was taken during our visit to the church earlier this year. It’s one of the many photos I wanted to upload but didn’t have a chance to. I took the photo at the top of the church tower; I had an idea about an alternative landscape photo. I thought if I included some of the floor, the tower, the sky and some of the surrounding landscape it would make an interesting composition. To make the best of the composition I used a small aperture of F16 so that the whole scene will be in sharp focus, and I used the tower to focus on. I used a low ISO to ensure that there would be lots of detail in all areas of the photo.

When I was editing the photo I decided to crop the photo down and straighten it a bit. By cropping the photo down the composition has been enhanced considerably. I didn’t change anything to do with the exposure because I really like how the photo was taken in the photo. I didn’t need to sharpen the photo because the ISO I had chosen was suitably low to control the noise.

Bex and I are planning a photography wander tomorrow, so we should have plenty of new photos to upload for you.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment