Saturday, October 6, 2012

Flying Birds




I managed to get out today so I went for a walk to the local lake. It’s always very peaceful there so if I’ve got a lot going on I like to go for walk around it to relax. I’m glad I managed to get out as it really helped me to relax, and the photography was really good fun as well.

While I was at the lake, there was a lot of birds flying around I thought they would make an interesting photo if I got the composition right. I used an aperture of F10 this gave me a good depth of field and meant I could use a shutter speed fast enough to freeze what was happening. I also underexposed the exposure slightly to make a moodier atmosphere.

I didn’t edit the photo because I really like the overall atmosphere of the photo, with the birds flying away and having the trees in the background. Also with the underexposure the atmsopherre is very moody which is exactly what I wanted.

I hope I get a chance to go out again tomorrow, there are a couple other places that I want to go walk to. If not then I still have many more photos form today that I could upload.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment