Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Busy Bee




I managed to go out for a walk earlier today before the rain started. When the rain was away the weather was actually very nice. I went down to our local duckpond to catch some wildlife shots.

While I was down I saw a bee flying around some flowers, I followed it until it had landed on a flower. Luckily for me it had gone onto the flower itself and created an amazing photo opportunity. The camera was already in exposure bracketing and in aperture priority. So I used an aperture of F8 to ensure that the whole flower was in sharp focus. This photo came out the best of the three that I had taken.

When editing the photo I didn’t change the actual exposure because the camera got it spot on. The only change I made was to crop the photo to enhance the composition; I cropped the photo so the flower was in the top left of the frame.

I’m glad I managed to get out for a walk today; it was really nice to get out into the fresh air. Hopefully I’ll get another chance to go out soon.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment