Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Damp Grass




I had taken this photo on Sundays walk after the rain. This photo was taken about 3 feet away from the one I had taken on Sunday! I wasn’t sure which of the two photos I should upload, but I eventually decided that I should upload both of them.

To capture the whole scene, I used an aperture of F8; as the camera was close to the subject a small aperture was required to keep the depth of field large enough. I was experimenting with the pop-up flash on the camera. This time it worked very well, catching all the tiny droplets perfectly; I love how all the droplets reflect the light off the flash. It was quite late in the evening so I had to use a tripod as the shutter speed was 1/8th of a second.

When editing the photo I decided to adjust the exposure, the photo was a bit dark and I thought it could do with a bit more light. I also increased the saturation because the photo was a bit bland for my liking. Also I cropped the photo down, I took out the left part of the frame because the grass was close to the lens and so was out of focus; also I think the composition has been greatly improved.

Hopefully Bex and I will get a chance to go out for a wander together soon. We have another trip planned soon, but we’re not sure when we will get a chance. When we do go we shall upload some of the photos to show you.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment