Saturday, October 13, 2012

Decaying Petals




I managed to get out for a walk today so I went to the same place as the other day. It was really nice there and I thought I should go back there again. So I took the camera out with me for my wander.

While I was there today I saw a small group of white flowers, one of them was starting to lose it’s petals. I thought it would make an interesting and different photo. So I used a moderate aperture of F8 to ensure the whole flower was in sharp focus but the background was suitably blurred. There was enough light around so I managed to use a low ISO, this meant that all the detail has been retained. And I didn’t need to use flash.

While editing the photo I decided to crop the photo to put the flower into the bottom left corner of the frame. Also I increased the contrast because I thought the photo could do the contrast being increased. I left everything else as it was, because I like the effect of the photo.

I’m glad I got a chance to go out for a wander today, I really like this spot I’ve found. There always seems to be something different going on.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment