Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Walk Through The Woods




During one of my breaks today I managed to go out for a short walk. It was nice to get out into the calm brisk air. I followed the gravel path for around 30 minutes, taking photos as I went.

There weren’t any clouds in the sky and the sun was beaming down on me as I walked. As I walked down the path a great photo opportunity sprang out at me. The scenery to the sides of the path almost made a mirror image of each other, along with the sun being nearly central in the frame. This made an interesting composition that I really liked. I used a small aperture to give the greatest depth of field and I had my tripod with me to steady the camera on so I could use ISO 100.

When I put the photo on to the computer I turned down the highlights by a small amount while increasing the shadow areas to make the detail more visible. I only made subtle changes because I tried to keep the atmosphere of the photo the same as when I took the photo.

Bex and I have planned to go out tomorrow for a walk together. I’m quite looking forward to it as I have many more photos in mind.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment