Monday, October 8, 2012

Angular




I’ve been ill recently, so Mat was left to his own devices- and credit where credit is due, he didn’t break it! I decided to go for a walk around my local area. After about an hour I had walked to a super market. Normally, I wouldn’t bother to stop but I still had a sore throat so went to buy a drink.

As I walked out of the shop, I spotted the pattern of the corrugated steel on the walls. I liked how the rivets broke up the seamless lines. When standing next to it, the steel acts a lead in line to the rivets; it draws your eye right into the picture. In Photoshop, I increased the contrast and decreased the brightness to give the effect of under-exposing. It also lost the detail in places, making the photo more abstract.

I think this works well, and can be a widely transferable effect so long as you know when and where to apply it.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment