Friday, October 5, 2012

Tiny Leaves


Bex and I managed to get out for a walk today as planned. So we walked around our local area as we didn’t have much time. We walk the same area quite a lot but take different photo each time, as we see something different each time.

While walking there was an open area of grass that was surrounded by a hedge. I liked the area as there was a lot of photo opportunities, I thought that I should do some macro photography in this area. So I put the camera into aperture priority to give the smallest depth of field possible and I moved as close as I could to the leaves. By moving in close and using a large aperture the depth of field was only a few centimetres. I like this effect because very little of the leaf is in focus with the background blurred completely out of focus.

I rotated the photo so it was in the correct orientation and I cropped it down slightly to improve the composition. I also increased the colour temperature because I like having a little extra ‘warmth’ to my photos. I didn’t change anything else because I like how the photo was exposed and the colour recreation was perfect.

I’m away for the weekend, hopefully I shall have a chance to take some photos. If not then I’m sure Bex will be able to do a great job of supplying some amazing photos for you.

Mat



No comments:

Post a Comment