Monday, October 22, 2012

Small Items




As planned Bex and I went out for a walk earlier today, so we went into the nature reserve and found a new pond.  It was a nice place and we decided to have lunch there. While there Bex had taken her shoes off and we had made a small pile of our stuff in a corner.

I thought it would make an interesting photo so I put the camera into aperture priority and selected F6.3. I chose this aperture because it meant that the whole pile was in focus and the background was suitably out of focus. I used the pop-up flash as a fill in flash because there was a lot of direct sunlight.

When I edited the photo I decided to increase the colour temperature and the saturation, I did this to make the photo more vibrant and to ensure the colour of the shoes was accurate. I didn’t change the angle on the photo because I thought it looked quite arty and different.

Overall I really like this photo the effect was exactly what I was planning for. Bex has planned a wander for both of us tomorrow. We’re going to look at a new area which we haven’t covered before.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment