Saturday, October 20, 2012

Flowery Opportunities




I managed to go out for a walk today, so I decided to go round my local area in the hunt of photo opportunities. After walking for around 30mins I saw this small purple flower. I thought it made an interesting composition.

I decided that using a small depth of field would make an interesting composition so used an aperture of F5.6 at a focal length of 40mm. This created the shallow depth of field that I required and made the composition much more interesting.

While editing the photo I increased the brightness to make the flower brighter, and I increased the saturation to make the colours more vivid and attractive. I also darkened the shadows to improve the effect of the photo.

Hopefully I shall get a chance to go out again tomorrow, because I spotted a few more opportunities that I had to miss today.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment