Sunday, October 21, 2012

Water Blur




I didn’t manage to go out today so I used one of my photos from yesterday. Where I was walking there was a large pipe which transports water under the path, it had been raining previously so there was a lot of water rushing through. I thought that I could make an interesting effect out of it if I slowed down the shutter to blur the water.

To suitably blur the water I put the camera in shutter priority and selected a shutter speed of ¼ of a second. At ISO 100 the camera chose an aperture of F18, this gave a large depth of field which enhanced the effect of the photo. Because I was using a long exposure I had to use a tripod to steady the camera.

When I edited the photo, I decided to increase the shadows and the highlights to make the photo clearer. I also de-saturated the photo to make the water look clearer and less orange. I also turned the colour temperature down to make the photo look calmer, because I was aiming for a calm and relaxed atmosphere to the photo.

I will hopefully get a chance for a wander tomorrow. But if I don’t then I have plenty more photos from yesterdays walk that I can upload.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment