Friday, October 19, 2012

Water on the Web




Today I went out for a short walk round my local area. It had been raining overnight, so the rain drops where clinging onto whatever they could. I saw this spider web that had been spun between a lamppost and a nearby bush.

To create the most interesting photo I used an aperture of F4, this ensured the spider and the web where in sharp focus, but the background was suitably blurred. I also used the flashgun to make the web easier to see and to make it shine more; Also using the flash makes the colours on the spider look more vibrant.

When I edited the photo I increased the saturation and the colour temperature to make the photo look more vibrant; also to make the colours on the spider stand out more against the background.  I also increased the contrast a bit to make the highlights and shadows stand out more.

I’ve missed doing very close up macro photos, I’m so glad I got a chance to do some close up work again. I plan on doing some more macro work very soon.; or maybe I might do some more landscape work.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment