Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mountains




Earlier today I was looking through some holiday photos on my computer when I stumbled across this photo. It was taken on a family holiday to North Wales; we had decided to walk up Mt. Snowdon and when we got to the top the views where amazing. I had taken the photo a few years ago so my photography skills weren't as developed as they are now, but I like this photo so I thought I should share it with you.

The weather was quite cloudy so the light was being diffused perfectly. I had put the camera into the landscape mode, this ensured that a small aperture was being used for the greatest depth of field and the greens had been boosted as well.

The only editing I did was to increase the saturation slightly; I did this because it boosted the greens even more to make them really vibrant and it introduced some warmth into the photo. I didn’t change anything else because I like how the photo was.

I enjoy looking through old photos that I have taken, I find it interesting to look and remember back to the holidays that I have been on.

Today is our 200th post! So a very big thankyou to all of you dedicated readers out there! We can’t keep this blog running without you, I hope you have enjoyed the past 200 posts and I’m sure you will enjoy the next 200 as well.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment