Thursday, October 11, 2012

Vibrant Flower




Bex and I spent the whole day together, which means that of course we went out for plenty of photography wanders. Before the rain came we managed to slip out for some flower photos.

This flower really caught my eye, and when I went to look at it more closely I discovered that there was a small insect on it as well! To take the photo with an interesting composition I used the largest aperture possible and got in really close to the flower. This ensured that the depth of field would be very small. I also used a flash gun to make sure the illumination was correct; also this makes the background go very dark.

I decided not to edit the photo because I really liked the overall composition and the effect was exactly what I had intended. The pink is so vibrant that I didn’t need to change the colour temperature or the saturation. I really do like the effect of the photo.

I had such a nice day today, hopefully the weather should be nice for tomorrow (fingers crossed the forecast is correct).

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment