Monday, October 29, 2012

Green Arch




Bex and I managed to get out for a walk today, so we went for a quick wander round our local area. I managed to borrow Bex’s camera for a short while, so when I saw the branches leaning over I thought it would make an interesting composition.

To make the best composition I used the camera in portrait format. I used the camera in aperture priority and selected an aperture of F8 and a focal length of 14mm. By using these settings I ensured that the whole of the arch was in focus but the background was slightly out of focus. Also I metered of the tree in the background, by doing this the arch turns into a silhouette. I tried a few exposures and I felt that this one had the best effect.

When editing the photo I increased the saturation, I did this to bring increase the green in the photo and to make the colours more faithful to when I took the photo. Also I cropped the photo because I thought it would aid the composition if I took out the bottom right corner of the frame.

Overall I really like this photo, it came out how I wanted it to; with the arch silhouetted in the foreground and the tree in the background.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment