Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The calm after the storm



I had an incredibly busy day today, so I only had the time for a short walk around my local area. The weather has been rather miserable, and I was lucky enough that I was free and could seize the short dry spell we had this afternoon.

It has also been very windy today, so I didn’t find many good photographic opportunities. I had been walking for about 20 minutes when I saw this lone dandelion, which caught my eye for the simple fact that it was one of the only plants left with seeds in tact. I put the camera into it’s macro mode to try and capture the most detail of each seed.

Later, I cropped the image to remove some of the background as there was nothing behind the dandelion, and to remove some blades of grass caught at the bottom of the photo. I also converted it into black and white and increased the contrast. I love the depth of field in this picture, as the background looks much better blurred. I think this works really well as a portrait shot, and it draws attention to the amount of detail.

I may try some more effects in the future, just to see what happens.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment